Back End Developer
Back-end Developers Job Description Template
We are looking for an analytical, results-driven Back-end Developer who will work with team members to troubleshoot and improve current back-end applications and processes. The Back-end Developer will use his or her understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze current codes and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users. You should have excellent communication, computer, and project management skills.
To succeed as a Backend Developer, you should be focused on building a better, more efficient program and creating a better end-user experience. You should be knowledgeable, collaborative, and motivated.
Back-end Developer Responsibilities:
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Recording data and reporting it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Taking lead on projects, as needed.
Back-end Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field.
- More education or experience may be required.
- Fluency or understanding of specific languages, such as Java, PHP, or Python, and operating systems may be required.
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with a group.
- Willingness to sit at desk for extended periods.