The focus of this job is on financial/corporate and technology media. You write press releases, arrange media interviews and interact with journalists from the Dutch and international media. You have a high affinity for technology and (near-) native English and Dutch.
In this role, business understanding and recognizing our different target audiences is a prerequisite for successful media relations. You are able to maintain an open and honest relationship with the media at all times, including when the debate is heated and the stakes are high – as sometimes happens. You can be flexible as the media does not always call between 9 and 5. You know what it takes to represent ASML and to be part of the team. Throughout all of this, you keep your focus on what’s really valuable.
Bachelor’s degree in journalism or communications, or a science or engineering degree with relevant post-graduate training.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in media relations, journalism, communications or related field
- A high affinity for technology and finance
- Experience with issues management
- Proven track record as a spokesperson
- Fluent in Dutch and English (at least near-native level)
- Ability to translate complex (technical) content into meaningful and engaging language
- Strong stakeholder management skills − experience working with executive levels in an international environment and the ability to influence and network
- Exceptional writing and communication skills in Dutch and English
- Relationship builder, collaborative team player
- Ability to translate complex concepts into meaningful language
- Ability to perform under time pressureand stress
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive issues in a responsible way
- A can-do mentality − takes ownership
- Resilient, proactive, driven
- Aware of cross-cultural differences
- Sets targets and priorities effectively and efficiently
- Enjoys working in an open, transparent, informal, dynamic and hard-working environment
- A sense of humor