Molecular Oncology Specialist
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, target, educate and manage accounts in the assigned territory including hospitals, pathology groups, oncologists, and surgeons on Our client’s Symphony cancer products.
- Analyze the designated territory to understand prescribing and purchasing decision processes and any marked differences from national trends
- Drive new oncology business, maintaining customer relationships and exceeding sales targets
- Achieve sales forecasts and targets
- Participate in organizing and facilitating meetings for the exchange of medical and product information in line with the company’s policies, regulatory and legal requirements
- Represent company at trade shows, attend company meetings, training programs and functions as needed
- Recognize changes in the work environment, develop and implement alternate plans to achieve objectives, modify call plan/business plan activities accordingly
- Identify key physicians, health care providers and organizations within assigned territory
- Focus targeted sales activity on high-end revenue, volume opportunities, and on Community Based Oncology and Surgery practices
- Support company sales strategy and contribute in fostering a team environment
- Present a positive and professional image of Our client, and ensure activities are consistent with and enhance the company’s ethical marketing policies and procedures
- Travel independently throughout defined territory to drive oncology sales
- Develop and maintain relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
- Provide ongoing communication to the Regional Sales Director regarding business opportunities and issues.
- Maintain database of customers and targets in SFDC. (sales force)
- Present at quarterly sales meetings
Work closely with marketing on regional market trends, competitive threats and new testing opportunities
Follows all Our client, Inc.’s health and safety policies and procedures
- Performs all Company business in accordance with all regulations (e.g., EEO, FDA, DEA, OSHA, PDMA, EPA, etc.) and Company policy and procedures. When violations are noted/observed they are to be immediately reported to management. Demonstrates high ethical and professional standards with all business contacts in order to maintain Our client’s reputation within the medical community.
- Provides consistent, timely and complete administrative duties and responsibilities. All expense reports, call reports, and communications are completed effectively and on time.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 + years work experience in field sales, in the diagnostic, oncology, lab services, pharmaceutical, biotech, or other related industry
- Advanced knowledge of concepts and practices with the ability to use in diverse business situations
- Completing and implementing attainable business plans
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate abilities to establish physicians thought leader and other relevant stakeholder relationships.
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding financial and/or other quantitative targets, as well as qualitative goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all members of the organization, customers and external contacts.
- Ability to travel with overnights and attendance at some weekend programs.
- Ability to translate key scientific information supporting product, competitors, science and marketplace to a broad range of Oncology customers.
- Experience in oncology sales as a top performer, product management
- Marketing experience
- This position requires no supervisory responsibilities.