The Sr. 3D CAD Engineer bears responsibility for structural & aerodynamic design of new and existing Wind turbine models and/or components. To do so the following is required:
- To design wind turbine parts in SolidWorks and supervise the work of others
- To specify and initiate activities by third parties in relation to models in a simulation
package, stationary and dynamic calculations and spectra of load;
- To judge and monitor activities carried out by third parties;
- To include requirements following standards for wind turbines;
- To take part in technology, developments in concept and products;
- To bring up improvements in products;
- To create solutions in case of calamities.
- To make (initial) design evaluations with finite element models based on the solid works model; preferably with COSMOS.
- To make and work out modifications in service and production;
- To carry out activities in the accounting system in the field of product administration (alterations in configuration);
- To support the quality department in evaluation the quality of components produced by the supply chain;
- To provide general support for the department.
- To reject unsafe designs;
- To reject work that has not been carried out properly by third parties in own specialism;
- To provide technical advice.
- To use the applicable standards for models, calculations and spectra of load;
- To be informed with the developments in state of the art technology;
- To maintain a helicopter view on all turbines and configurations;
- To bear co-responsibility for optimal design together with other engineers.