The Senior Mechanical Engineer bears responsibility for the structural design of the Wind Turbines. To do so the following is required:
- To specify and initiate activities by third parties in relation to calculations or FEA
models of suitable simulation package for static and dynamic calculations.
- To judge and monitor activities carried out by third parties;
- To include all requirements following applicable standards for wind turbines.
- To include in the calculations the applicable time serie data of the load spectrum and
to modify existing post-processing programs.
- To optimise wind turbine components by (own) calculation models and/or FEA preferable Cosmos or Ansys in order to create design reports that are acceptable for certification authority. - To take part in technology, developments in concept and products;
- To create solutions in case of calamities.
- To bring up improvements in products;
- To reject unsafe designs;
- To reject work that has not been carried out properly by third parties in own specialism;
- To provide technical advice.
To do the above the Mechanical Engineer is:
- To use the applicable standards guidelines for models, calculations and load spectra;
- To be informed with the developments in state of the art technology;
- To maintain a helicopter view on all turbines and configurations;
- To bear co-responsibility for optimal design together with other engineers.