|for the development and technical support of our mobile network products, we are looking for an enthusiastic Test Engineer to expand our development and support team.
You will be responsible for software testing of our wireless network solutions for mobile networks. An important aspect of the job is developing test plans and performing tests. Furthermore, participation in the design and reviewing of functional and technical specifications is part of your job, as well as to defining the test strategy and coordinating system testing, troubleshooting and problem resolution. As part of a team of professionals, you will be based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
At least the following shall be part of your CV:
* Bachelors or Master (software) engineering degree, electrical engineering or equivalent.
* Solid experience with functional testing, test methods (like TMAP), interpreting functional specifications and telecom standards, developing test plans and test cases based on functional specifications.
* Experience with developing test plans and test designs based on requirements;
* Experience with developing test cases based on functional specifications;
* Experience with managing test environments and automated test tools.
* Experience with executing tests and recording test results in test reports.
* Thorough knowledge and detailed experience with Linux and preferably Solaris.
* Thorough knowledge of networks and protocols like TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL and SNMP.
* Knowledge of programming, and scripting languages like Perl and Shell scripts.
* Knowledge of Web Application Servers, like Apache, Netscape and IE.
* Knowledge of software development, release management, programming, data bases.
* Knowledge of GSM, SMS and SS.7 are an advantage.
* Strong communication skills, analytical thinking and problem solving skills.
* The ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
* Must be creative, accurate, result oriented also when working under stress.
* Fluent in English language (written en spoken) and preferable also in Dutch.