The CM works closely with the account and delivery teams and support functions (Finance, etc.), and is responsible for ensuring awareness of and compliance with contract management processes. The job is focused on the following areas:
- Being a proactive member of the Our client´s delivery team, advising and collaborating with the client managers and other team members in the contract execution, and management of the daily contractual relationship with the customer in a way that protects the Our client’s interests.
- Becoming the first point of contact of the delivery team for all contractual matters, being in charge of the direct follow up of the contract / legal aspects associated with relevant customer contract/s in close coordination with the corresponding GBU Legal Department. This is a stand-alone position in The Netherlands.
- Collaborating with the delivery teams in scope/gap analysis, project governance, management of contract change requests, management of subcontractors, monitor of the acceptance procedures, contract interpretation, claims discussions etc.
- Participating in negotiations preparations, strategy definition and meetings with the customer.
- Drafting - with the other members of the delivery team- of any notifications to be sent to the customer on any contract related topics.
- Ensuring that all contract changes (e.g. addendum) are recorded in correct time and format, and that the performance of the contractual obligations is properly tracked, documented and monitored.
- Identifying, assessing and managing risk-related areas in the contract execution and supporting rigorous and effective risk management processes.
- Providing advice on issues of contractual interpretation, and assisting in any commercial and contract claims resolution process.
- Participating in the review of, and subsequent transmittal of approved proposals or service orders to the customer.
- Developing external relationships with Client contract management counterparts, Client procurement and third party personnel, as may be required.
Skills, knowledge and job requirements
➢ Minimum 6 years’ experience in the area of contract management / legal and commercial / contracts negotiation;
➢ Experience in IT market and preferably in Public Services. Strong understanding of contracting issues, regulations and terms and conditions within systems integration, application and development maintenance, and infrastructure/outsourcing contracts.
➢ Strong business focus, solution and problem solving oriented, and ability to assess contractual topics in ways to improve contracts’ productivity.
➢ Discipline and ability to set-up, to document and to deploy contract management processes in coordination with the operational teams in a global and international environment.
➢ Strong communication skills with all level of management (external or internal).
➢ Proficiency in using standard tools such as MS Office (Excel & PowerPoint).
➢ Deliver on commitments: be reliable, risk sensitive, agile and creative.
➢ Strong organizational skills and ability to handle a fluctuating workload and multiple priorities.
➢ Mastering the Dutch and English language.
➢ Business travel could be required from time to time.