About Our Client
Our client is the largest and most trusted source of cyber security training, certifications and research in the world. Their mission is to empower cyber security professionals with the practical skills and knowledge they need to make our world a safer place. They offer high quality training, certifications, scholarship academies, degree programs, cyber ranges, and resources to meet the needs of every cyber professional. Their data, research and instructors collectively ensure that individuals and organisations have the actionable education and support they need.
The company’s instructors are all recognised as top experts and respected leaders in their fields. Over the years, the course curriculum has grown to hold over 70 different courses, ranging from foundational courses for starters to highly advanced courses for the seasoned security professionals. Having started its journey and mission in the United States, it has rapidly grown over the decades and today their team holds over 500 passionate people spread across the globe, a faculty with over 100 industry leaders and 6 offices worldwide.
Event Managers will be in charge of live (in-person) events throughout the entire process, including initial venue sourcing, contracting assistance, pre-event logistics, event execution, and finally through invoicing. Each Manager is fully responsible for their own In Person events, which can range from small to large "major" training events, trade shows, and strategic summits. Additionally, Event Managers are required to manage Live Online (LO) events in accordance with international LO protocol, working as a team to ensure the LO event runs as smoothly as possible and up to the expected standards.
- Finding appropriate venues in the designated city where an event is planned through the RFP process;
- Venue selection and contract negotiation in accordance with the company brand and the intended event's profile;
- Courseware planning, ordering and subsequent logistics;
- Monitoring class sizes to ensure proper room allocation and, when necessary, marking classes as sold out. Collaborating with CS to make sure the wait list is properly managed;
- Monitoring marketing activity to ensure that everything is proceeding according to the plan;
- Communicating with the instructors to confirm travel, hotel arrangements and all other requirements.
- Finalising the event's arrangements with the contracted venue;
- Organising and directing evening meals for instructors and delegate social events;
- On site management of the event, being responsible for its overall success and supervising the hotel staff and course facilitators;
- Daily administration of delegate evaluation sheets. Follow up with delegates and instructors to maintain stringent event/course quality;
- Controlling deposits and final invoicing to ensure event costs are within the allocated budget;
- Assisting and participating in the continuous improvement of relevant business processes, to ensure the company functions as efficiently as possible both within Operations and across other departments (such as Sales, Marketing, Customer Services and Finance);
- Assisting with the preparation and execution of Live Online events according to global procedure.
- You have 2 to 5 years of experience in event planning or venue management;
- You are passionate about customer satisfaction;
- You pay close attention to detail and have excellent contract negotiation skills;
- You are organised and disciplined, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and the willingness to go above and beyond when necessary;
- You have good communication skills, both written and verbal, and are fluent in English;
- You have good presentation skills;
- You have an affinity with business finance e.g. event costs, profit and loss etc.;
- You are open to travelling, primarily in Europe;
- You are a very capable team player who is eager to assist when needed;
- You have prior experience working to meet monthly, quarterly, and annual quotas;
- You have strong IT skills and are proficient in Google Docs and MS Office programs like Word and Excel.
Our client’s culture is defined by Mission, Brand, People. Their goal is to hire people who understand the importance of continuing to fight against the “bad guys” (Mission) while delivering the highest quality training (Brand) to their students. They want employees whose personal values align well with their culture of fairness, honesty, customer focus, and pragmatic approach (People).
They truly care about their employees, since they are at the heart of their business. This company encourages an open, collaborative, inclusive working environment. It is made up of good people who enjoy working together. They are bold and bright, focused, and friendly.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our client is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment encouraging equality and diversity among their workforce and avoiding discrimination. All job applicants and employees are treated fairly regardless of age, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion or any religious cultural beliefs, marital status and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity.