Business Development Manager - New Business (UK)
The world leader in cyber security training, certifications and research is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to increase revenue in the UK through the company’s product portfolio, in particular their UK government, Military and Law Enforcement accounts!
Our client is the largest and most trusted source of cyber security training, certifications and research in the world. Their mission is to empower cyber security professionals with the practical skills and knowledge they need to make our world a safer place. They offer high quality training, certifications, scholarship academies, degree programs, cyber ranges, and resources to meet the needs of every cyber professional. Their data, research and instructors collectively ensure that individuals and organisations have the actionable education and support they need.
The company’s instructors are all recognised as top experts and respected leaders in their fields. Over the years, the course curriculum has grown to hold over 70 different courses, ranging from foundational courses for starters to highly advanced courses for the seasoned security professionals. Having started its journey and mission in the United States, it has rapidly grown over the decades and today their team holds over 500 passionate people spread across the globe, a faculty with over 100 industry leaders and 6 offices worldwide.
Responsible for increasing revenue and market share in the UK through the company’s product portfolio, by driving the UK government, Military or Law Enforcement account base, identifying and pursuing new critical contracts from prospect to partner in accordance with the company’s brand, values and mission statement.
Will report to the UK Country Lead.
- Responsible for acquiring new customers from a specified target customer list.
- To fully understand the company’s portfolio to generate quality opportunities, differentiating their offerings against those of competitors.
- To follow and understand the latest trends and developments in the Cyber Security industry.
- To effectively articulate the company’s business strategy & that of the wider brand.
- To conduct face to face meetings with prospective customers (when appropriate and safe to do so).
- Responsible for forecasting sales on a monthly basis in line with business CRM processes.
- Represents the company, translating Cyber Security industry developments into customer driven solutions.
- On-Board newly acquired customers.
- Responsible for the management and growth of existing selected Tier 1 customers.
- Operate as a point of contact for assigned accounts.
- To be responsible for customer success and satisfaction, ensuring a first-class customer experience.
- Conduct effective, regular Customer Account Reviews with assigned Tier 1 customers
- Proactively network across (Industry) sectors, attending industry specific events when required.
- To monitor payment of customer invoices ensuring outstanding invoices and debts are
- settled in a timely manner.
- Support marketing campaigns and company events to help deliver revenue growth targets.
- To successfully develop and drive sales plans, using agreed methodologies.
- To embrace and adhere to agreed sales processes and procedures.
- To manage and deliver agreed targets, KPI's and other set objectives.
- To take ownership of the tender process for any prospective customer procurement opportunities when applicable.
- To define and develop peer and executive relationships with the wider company team.
- To build and maintain the company’s brand and mission.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as requested by the Management Team.
Our client’s culture is defined by Mission, Brand, People. Their goal is to hire people who understand the importance of continuing to fight against the “bad guys” (Mission) while delivering the highest quality training (Brand) to their students. They want employees whose personal values align well with their culture of fairness, honesty, customer focus, and pragmatic approach (People).
They truly care about their employees, since they are at the heart of their business. This company encourages an open, collaborative, inclusive working environment. It is made up of good people who enjoy working together. They are bold and bright, focused, and friendly.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our client is committed to maintaining an inclusive work environment encouraging equality and diversity among their workforce and avoiding discrimination. All job applicants and employees are treated fairly regardless of age, gender, disability, ethnicity, religion or any religious cultural beliefs, marital status and civil partnership, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity.