Strategic Communications Advisor
About Our Client
Our client is a strategic IT consulting firm that combines technological knowledge with organisational experience. They are convinced that good use of information and communication technology can strengthen the Netherlands, that services for both citizens and businesses can be made much easier, faster, and overall better, and that there are enormous opportunities to be had by delving into innovative new concepts.
Their key areas of expertise on current IT topics include:
- IT Strategy & Architecture
- Sourcing & Demand – Supply organisations
- Cybersecurity & Business continuity
- Programme management & Communications
- IT optimization & Process innovation
With more than 150 colleagues from different backgrounds, their consultants assist organisations by relieving them of current IT tasks and by challenging and improving existing IT processes. For the past 30 years, they have been a leading consultancy for strategic IT projects due to their notable motivation and expertise.
At this company, you will work on solutions to socially relevant issues alongside curious, inquisitive, and positively critical professionals who know what they are talking about. Independence, personal development, and entrepreneurship are heavily encouraged among their colleagues at his company. You will also be provided the freedom and space to add substance to your work, at your own discretion.
As a Strategic Communications Advisor, you will play a critical role in supporting leading organisations in the (semi-)public sector to achieve successful transformations. Since complex digital transformation processes require behavioural and cultural changes, our client assists its own customers by integrating communication management and program management. As a Strategic Communications Advisor, you will work with clients and programme colleagues to educate employees, stakeholders, and other stakeholders on their organisation's needs.
This requires you to rapidly understand what is going on within complex organisations and among your stakeholders. You grasp the essence of the present vision and strategy and explain the transformations the organisation needs to undergo. You use all of your knowledge, experience, and particularly your creativity to persuade people to support the organisational change.
Since the specifics of each client and assignment may vary significantly, so will your tasks. These may include:
- Developing communication strategies for projects or programmes and monitoring the resources available;
- Producing basic items such as fact sheets, videos, management information, intranet information, or catchy texts to persuade the target audience;
- Managing communication specialists from the client organisation or external suppliers to accomplish the desired communication tools.
Who are You?
- You have an HBO or WO degree in Communication, Information Science, or Social Sciences. You have already demonstrated for several years how to creatively apply this knowledge in practice;
- You are familiar with change management models and are able to playfully apply them in various communication tools;
- You are creative! You write catchy texts with ease, have a keen sense of design, and are a valuable media partner;
- You can easily read people and comprehend what drives them and how to connect with them. This can be used to form collaborations, persuade others, or connect people;
- You have a keen analytical mind. You understand how an organisation works, both formally and informally. You quickly figure out how they function, which allows you to understand which 'buttons' to push to get results;
- You really want to know how people's work and interactions change as new organisational principles take over.
Terms of Employment
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes a competitive salary, a variable remuneration scheme, mobility budget or lease car and 28 vacation days;
- Diverse assignments at reputable organisations with social relevance that align with your goals;
- A personal development plan that includes a wide range of skills training, substantive training, and personal guidance.