To accelerate the growth and development of a Consulting Group in the Netherlands, we are currently looking for an Engagement Manager for their Amsterdam office. If you are interested in business development, client project delivery and people management, then read on!
About Our Client
Our Client is a uniquely positioned Innovation and Management consulting group dedicated to building the bridge between Strategy and Operations. Recognized as a trusted partner by top players in diverse sectors, their mission is to translate their clients' strategies into actionable projects and enable Business, Technology and Management alignment.
Founded in 2007 and headquartered in Brussels, they have grown into a European consultancy group with more than 300 consultants and offices in Belgium, France, Germany, and the Netherlands. Today, more than 300 consultants serve and bring added value to their clients by managing their future challenges and achieving their complex transformation programs.
In Amsterdam, their consultancy projects focus on the Life Sciences industry, where they assist clients in improving their R&D, manufacturing, supply chain and in-market performance. They offer a broad service line portfolio in business strategy, marketing & sales, digital & analytics, quality & compliance, operations, people & transformation, and sustainability.
The Engagement Manager is crucial in combining business development and consulting activities. You will work as a business developer with current and new clients, in addition to delivering new projects and managing your own team with them. You will be a trusted advisor to your clients as well as a strong people developer within your own team.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are focused on:
- Business development: Creating new business opportunities with current and new clients in accordance with the company's strategy, by developing trusted client partnerships and driving mission commercial success through effective budget management.
- Project delivery: Leading and managing projects to achieve measurable results, with an emphasis on meeting deliverables and managing milestones, quality, duration, budget, and resources. Developing, managing, and guiding your junior team members on projects. If required, you will also develop relevant and required additional content, tools, frameworks, and methodologies.
- People management: Managing and developing consultants on the project team or within the company, via training and coaching. You will also play an active role in the recruitment of new consultants.
- Corporate involvement: You will act as a company ambassador both externally and internally. You will lead or participate in internal (expert) communities, as well as promote and participate in the company's internal communities and events. In addition, you will develop and deliver internal trainings.
Who are You?
- You have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in consulting and/or a fast-paced environment, preferably in the Life Sciences industry and/or on Digitalization projects;
- You have proven experience and strong skills in consulting project delivery, business development, and people management, as well as excellent presentation and communication skills;
- You have strong commercial acumen, a strong leadership spirit, and an entrepreneurial mindset;
- You have a Master's Degree in Business, Science, Engineering, or Management;
- You are fluent in English and Dutch.
Our Client places a high value on professional development because they see their employees' knowledge as their most valuable asset. This is why they organise trainings to ensure continuous learning and improvement possibilities.
Well-being at work is also highly valued, which is why it has been translated into concrete actions to further your career development. During your first days within the company, you will be included in an onboarding program that aims to integrate new members as smoothly as possible. You will be provided with dedicated support during the first two months, with introduction days, the Welcome Guide and another employee that will be your reference point during this period. Their policies are local and adapted to market realities and client’s requirements. You will discover that working here is like being a part of a family, and ties can develop outside of the office. Numerous events, including conventions, sporting events, and afterworks, are organised all year long.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Corporate Social Responsibility is at the core of our Client’s culture. They bring together motivated coworkers who cooperate within a solid framework built on five pillars to develop a portfolio of sustainable initiatives. They are encouraged to give back to society by connecting with local communities or creating environmental awareness. They also aspire to meet high standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability, by endorsing the guidelines of renown certifications.
Diversity and Inclusion
Gender equality is an important matter and is respected among consultants, who make up 80% of the workforce at the company. Currently , 51% of consultants are female and 49% are male.
This company highly regards talent and mindset. Applicants will be given equal consideration for employment regardless of their gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, sexual orientation, nationality, or disability during the hiring process.