Senior Data Management & Data Governance Consultant
About Our Client
Our client is a strategic IT consulting firm that combines technological knowledge with organisational experience. They are convinced that good use of information and communication technology can strengthen the Netherlands, that services for both citizens and businesses can be made much easier, faster, and overall better, and that there are enormous opportunities to be had by delving into innovative new concepts.
Their key areas of expertise on current IT topics include:
- IT Strategy & Architecture
- Sourcing & Demand – Supply organisations
- Cybersecurity & Business continuity
- Programme management & Communications
- IT optimization & Process innovation
With more than 150 colleagues from different backgrounds, their consultants assist organisations by relieving them of current IT tasks and by challenging and improving existing IT processes. For the past 30 years, they have been a leading consultancy for strategic IT projects due to their notable motivation and expertise.
At this company, you will work on solutions to socially relevant issues alongside curious, inquisitive, and positively critical professionals who know what they are talking about. Independence, personal development, and entrepreneurship are heavily encouraged among their colleagues at his company. You will also be provided the freedom and space to add substance to your work, at your own discretion.
As a Data Management & Data Governance Consultant, you provide data organisation advice to large public organisations such as the national government, provinces, municipalities and water boards. You ensure that data can be used properly with your recommendations and assistance.
You will offer administrative-level guidance to these organisations on data strategy and assist in developing the policies, frameworks and processes for data sharing and usage. A crucial area on which you advise your clients is the design of data governance: investing data ownership in the form of roles and responsibilities. For this, you work closely with your client’s Chief Data Officer (CDO) and data stewards. Along with acting as an (external) advisor, you will collaborate with the client to implement a new working and control method. You assist them in devising, implementing, and designing the best data solution for the strategic issues they encounter.
Who are You?
- You have an HBO or WO degree, preferably in the field of Business or Public Administration, Information Sciences or Management and Business Analytics;
- You have several years of experience as a (Policy) Advisor or Consultant in the field of data or in roles as Data Steward, Data Manager or Data Specialist;
- You are familiar with standards and frameworks such as DAMA-DMBOK and their translation to practice;
- Additional certifications, such as Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) is a plus!
- You have the passion and drive to develop yourself in the field of data strategy, management, organisation and governance;
- A skilled communicator with a keen sense of political-administrative situations;
- A solution-oriented, analytical person who knows how to make connections and see through complex problems quickly;
- You know how to communicate at different levels, how to enthuse stakeholders and how to act as a quartermaster;
- You are interested in the relationship between data and technology (architecture, data platforms) and you have firsthand knowledge of what works and what doesn't when it comes to setting up data governance.
Terms of Employment
- 28 vacation days on a full-time basis, with additions such as 10 extra days for 'young parents' or the possibility to purchase/sell vacation days;
- The option between a mobility budget payment or a lease car of your choice (with extra reimbursement for electric driving);
- An ample range of training, education and coaching opportunities for you to continue furthering your development;
- The opportunity to freely schedule your time and work in the manner that best fits your needs and those of your private life.